These spuds are the bomb! They’ll steal the show at any dinner table or holiday bash you throw this season. Not only are they vegan and gluten-free, but they also taste absolutely amazing. And guess what? They’re a piece of cake to whip up! I’ve brought these bad boys to countless family dinners, and let’s just say they vanish faster than you can say “seconds, please!” Trust me, these taters are a total crowd-pleaser.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees & lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.and
- Soak cashews overnight or boil water and pour it over them, then let them sit for 15 minutes and drain the water. This will soften the cashews and ensure a silky, smooth cream. (*if you have a high powered blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec, this may not be necessary)1 cup raw cashews
- In a blender, puree cashews, water, garlic, and salt. Transfer to a large bowl.1 cup raw cashews, 2 cup water, 3 each cloves garlic, 2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Add thyme and scallions to the cashew cream and mix with a spoon.2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, 2 each scallions
- In the pan, arrange half of the sliced potatoes, overlapping, and pour half of the cashew cream on top.5 each russet potatoes
- Repeat for the second layer.
- Dust the top with paprika and cover the pan with foil.pinch paprika
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and lightly browned on top.
- Garnish with fresh thyme before serving and adjust salt to taste2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt, 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves