I recently read that Angelina Jolie had another unnecessary surgery to remove perfectly healthy organs. She did this because she has a gene that was passed to her from her mother that hasn't even been turned on yet. I do understand her panic but In my nutrition studies I learned that Cancer can be turned on and off, based on what you put into your mouth every day, Cancer thrives in a body that has a high level of animal protein change your diet to plants and it will not thrive it will actually shut off the growth and reduce cancer cells. [1,2,3,4] Kris Carr is a perfect example of this she has been living with stage 4 cancer for over 10 years, thriving on a whole foods plant based diet. . So what doesn't everyone seek the holistic alternative the less invasive? Were living in a fast paced world of quick fixes & magic pills that don't make us better they tend to make us sicker, it's frustrating. Hard to watch and hard to read. I will never understand why Angelina chose to do something so radical as to cut her body up when there is a less invasive alternative.
Technology & Science is moving faster than ever diseases are being cured, and/or managed better than ever before with the recent breakthrough by biomedical scientists at Cornell University it gives me a lot of hope. They found that Injecting white blood cells with a special protein transform them into 'Super Natural Killer Cells', that can wipe out cancer.  How cool is this, were looking at 2 years down the road. The Link and video are below.
Super Natural Killer Cells
1. Appleton, B. S. & Campbell, T. C. Effect of high and low dietary protein on the dosing and postdosing periods of aflatoxin B1-induced hepatic preneoplastic lesion development in the rat. Cancer Res. 43, 2150-2154 (1983).
2. Appleton, B. S. & Campbell, T. C. Dietary protein intervention during the post-dosing phase of aflatoxin B1-induced hepatic preneoplastic lesion development. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 70, 547-549 (1983).
3. Youngman, L. D. & Campbell, T. C. Inhibition of aflatoxin B1-induced gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase positive (GGT+) hepatic preneoplastic foci and tumors by low protein diets: evidence that altered GGT+ foci indicate neoplastic potential. Carcinogenesis 13, 1607-1613 (1992).
4. Campbell, T. C. Cancer is it just bad luck or failed research http://nutritionstudies.org/cancer-is-it-just-bad-luck-or-failed-research/ (2015)
5. Carr, Kris Crazy Sexy juice (2015)
6. Friedlander, Blaine Super Natural Killer Cells Destroy Lymph Node Tumors http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/11/super-natural-killer-cells-destroy-lymph-node-tumors_ (2015)
You have the ability to be the best version of you and it's my job to help you get there.