I adapted this from Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Kitchen, a cookbook I recommend to everyone. I made a few changes not many because it’s perfect the way it is, I just didn’t use as much onion powder & salt.
These are flavorful, crunchy, and delicious. I like to make a batch of these at the beginning of the week and eat them as a healthy alternative to chips.
- Soak the cashews, overnight.
- Remove kale ribs (save for juicing or just eat whole as crunchy snacks — if you have a dog they love these).
- Tear the leaves into large pieces, approximately the size of your palm.
- Wash thoroughly and dry.
- Drain cashews.
- In a high-speed blender, blend with the remaining ingredients. The final product should be smooth and creamy and resemble a thick dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly coat the kale pieces with the cream.
- On a dehydrator tray place coated kale, leaving enough room for air to circulate around them.
- Dehydrate overnight until kale pieces are crisp and light.