An abundance of cauliflower in my house had me digging through my cookbooks looking for recipes. When I found this “Creamy Cauliflower Soup” I knew this was going to hit the spot.
I went to work and made this delicious combination for dinner and it did not disappoint. Everyone enjoyed the soup and Neo enjoyed the scraps of cauliflower that fell to the floor.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Dutch Oven
- Cooking Spoon
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic, leeks, and ¼ teaspoon of salt for about 3 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for another minute. Add the vegetable broth, increase the heat to high, and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is completely tender.
- Stir the mix periodically and mash the cauliflower with a wooden spoon.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly; stir in the nuts. Pour the soup into your blender in batches and puree on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and warm it over low heat. Stir in salt to taste. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with either chopped chives or grated nutmeg, even some white pepper.